Monday, January 15, 2007

slow-cooking sunday (ok so I forgot!)

Whole Wheat Banana Nut Bread (yummy!!!)

I've been making this for hayden for a while now! she LOVES this recipe, especially when I make it into mini muffins.


1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup hot water
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325

In a large bowl, beat oil and honey together. Add eggs, and mix well. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt. Add baking soda to hot water, stir to mix, and then add to batter. Blend in chopped nuts. Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.

Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool for 1/2 hour before slicing.

When I make this in mini muffins I just check it after 15 minutes until the look done. if I have lots of bananas I double the batch and then freeze the extra mini muffins so that they don't go bad.

4 comments: