Tuesday, March 06, 2007

something about counting your eggs.....

Well, this week has for sure been one of the bumpiest of my life. Up and Down, that's for sure.

Let me just start by saying that we didn't get the loan for our house.

Then, let me say, I am sure that it is for the best and I've already cried my million tears.

Reasons I am glad we didn't get that house:

1. It would take a long time to build any equity.

2. With the USDA loan that we were trying to get, we couldn't move for 5-10 years.

3. The USDA has grants that offer you 1% interest based on your income. What you don't realize is that when you sell your house you pay them back whatever interest had accumulated. So we wouldn't ever make any money.

So...we had a rough day. Things did start to look better though.

There was a house on the market that seemed perfect for us in the area we want, but by the time our house finally sold it had an offer. Well, my realtor/friend just found out TODAY right when we found out about our loan that the financing on THAT house fell through.

I went and looked at it today. and we are putting an offer in on it tomorrow.

Things that are better about this house than the last:

1. It is on an even bigger lot. 1/2 acre

2. It is bigger by 200 square feet

3. It has 4 bedrooms and a den

4. wood stove=TONS OF SAVINGS in the winter

5. It is MUCH cheaper. $40,000 less to be exact.

6. It needs some work which is the reason it is so cheap...thankfully my husband and I will be able to do almost all of it ourselves.

7. When we are ready to sell again, we will have built a lot of equity. Just like we did with our current house.

but, I am not capable of getting too excited about anything at this point. We'll just wait and see and I will let you know.

P.S. My math class is really crappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments: