Wednesday, October 31, 2007

a canning post

My blogging has been pretty lame lately...mainly because every free second I have had has been spent either canning, freezing, or dehydrating food!!!!!

Items I have canned this year:



Tomato Sauce
Tomato Soup
Salsa
Zucchini Relish
Pickled Asparagus
Spinach
Pears
Peaches
Pear Butter
Apple Butter
Zucchini Soup
Apple Sauce
Pear Jam
Peach Jam
Grape Jelly
Saurkraut

Frozen Items:

Spinach
Zucchini
Raspberry Jam
Carrots
Potatoes

Dehydrated Items:





Plums
Apple Chips
Tomatoes
Zucchini (to rehydrate just throw in soup!)

I am working on my last batch of apples right now, and can I just say...THANK GOD!!!!

Thank God that I am done, and we have all of these amazing foods to provide for our family through the winter!

That everything was either out of our garden, a friends tree, purchased at CRAZY cheap prices or gleaned from local farmers from my wonderful Aunt Chris!!! I spent a total of $50.00 on EVERYTHING

That all of my jars and canning supplies were given to us a couple of years ago!! that is a HUGE expense.

And finally, that I have the luxury of being home with my kids otherwise there is no way I would have the time for this craziness!!!!

3 comments: