Wednesday, October 03, 2007

rekindle

For most of you that read my old blog, I was constantly writing about a friendship that I lost when I got married and pregnant. It was really tragic for me and I always felt this weight on my shoulders that I was missing out on so much by not having her in my life.

Anyway, to make a long long story short. After 3 years, (can you believe it!!) I found her on Facebook.com and wrote her a letter and we have started to get to know each other again!! I am so happy. It feels amazing to have her back in my life.

This weekend I am driving 3 hours with the kids to go and visit her! It's going to be so fun. PLUS she just found out that Jimmy Eat World is going to be in town and we are going to try to go! That would be so awesome!

I think the reason it was so hard for me to lose her friendshp was because I have always struggled with having close friends. Plus at this point in my life it is super hard to find new friends, especially because the kids take up so much of my time. Besides that, you can NEVER replace the history that you have with your BEST FRIEND of 10 years!!!! She was my first roommate, my maid-of honor and a huge part of my life!

So, life is sweet and I am so happy that this part of my life has been healed!

7 comments: