Tuesday, November 06, 2007

2 kinds of cookies


My friend gave me a recipe for chocolate chip cookies to make for the kids. The catch: They contain garbonzo beans. It's from a cookbook that is all about disguising food so that your kids will eat healthier. So, last night Jim was wanting me to bake some cookies and I thought I should try the new recipe. While I was cooking them I realized he was going to be really dissapointed if I was to try to give him these healthy cookies!!! Especially after making whole-wheat sugar cookies on halloween (he wasn't too impressed). So, I made the cookies for the kids and then I made him a batch of cake-mix cookies! They are SOOOOO yummy and they are the perfect quick treat if people are coming over or your husband has a sweet tooth! So, here are two recipes....one for the kids and one for Jim....hope you like them!

Chocolate chip cookies (with chickpeas)

non-stick cooking spray
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 c. smart balance
2 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
1 15 oz can of chickpeas
2 c. choc chips
2 c. whole-wheat pastry flour
1/2 c. oats
tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

1) preheat oven to 350, coat baking sheet
2. in a large bowl mix sugar and smart balance until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla. Add chicpeas and chocolate chips. finally add flour, oats, baking soda and salt. mix all together.
3. drop onto coated baking sheet and press with a fork. bake 11-13 minutes. do not overbake.



CakeMix cookies

1. preheat oven to 375
2. mix any cake mix (I used the sprinkle kind yum!!) with 2 eggs and 1/3 cup of oil
3. drop onto a pan and bake for 6 minutes.
4. if you like, you can frost them....(crazy yummy!!!)

you can add anything you want to the mix. I have used a chocolate cake mix and added chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips....be creative no one will ever know you used a cake mix!!!!!!!

9 comments: