Monday, December 17, 2007

holiday hoopla!

I got tagged by my friend at Marriage 101 for some holiday hoopla! Most people would probably be annoyed by this, but not me...not one bit. I feel excited that I was thought of. :)


here are the rules:

1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas

2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word

3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed.

4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it


Got the rules? Here's my list:

1. Right at this exact moment I am watching "A MOM FOR CHRISTMAS!!!" Has anyone else seen this movie? I remember watching it when I was young and the disney channel was something you had to pay extra for! It has Olivia Newton-jon in it and it is awesome!!! (although, It wasn't this cheesy when I was 12!)

2. I am really annoyed that Jim's birthday is Christmas eve!!!!! I miss my old traditions!! and I am feeling very selfish and sad that my kids won't have the same memories as me!!! boo hoo!

3. I am obsessed with after Christmas sales to get cheap decorations for next year. It is SO fun to open the stuff up the next year!! I always forget what I bought.

4. I LOVE Christmas decorations, but by the time that Christmas is over I am ready to get my house back in order and I usually take the tree down the day after christmas! It might be different this year though, I think that was partially because our old house was so small and we felt super cramped in it with a tree!

5. I just stopped watching a mom for Christmas because it was too bad!!!! I can't believe I used to LOVE THIS!

6. I adore all the traditional claymation cartoons, but I also love ELF!!

7. The only thing I have ever made on my sewing machine that I got for Christmas 3 years ago are the kids' stockings!!!! Yep, that's it!!!!! someday I hope to make something else.

8. The day after Thanksgiving I search through my TV and schedule every Christmas program on the Food Network, and ABC family! I don't watch them all, but I might find a treasure I have never seen or an amazing recipe that I must make!

9. I get super annoyed that Jim isn't as gung-ho for Christmas as I am!!!!!! I want all day everyday to be christmas inspired!! (not really, but kind of!)

10. I am OBSESSED With ornaments! If I could get only (meaningful) ornaments from every person for christmas I would be totally content. It is so much fun for me to decorate the tree and think about where I got the ornaments, or when I made them, or who gave them to me! I love that.

11. oh, I wouldn't be content unless I also got a stocking. Every year no matter how much or how little money we have I always just ask Jim to do a stocking for me. Even if he goes to the dollar store! I don't care! I love stockings!!

12. This is the first Christmas ever without my parents. They are going to my older brothers for the week, and I am devastated. We will be going to Jim's parents for christmas eve and christmas, and there probably won't be any fun games, or fun movies!! Christmas for me must include, A Christmas Story, and games!!! at least one game! I am going to bring my game and make people play with me!!!!

now, I have to tag people! Don't be a scrooge about it either!!

Kelli, Sarah, and Amy

4 comments: