Wednesday, May 07, 2008

bloomsday 2008

This sunday I participated in a local 12k run called Bloomsday.  If you are from around here, you know what it is.  Everyone knows.  I have spent many years being one of the few people not wearing the official "finisher" shirt that everyone receives at the end of the race.  So this year, since I have been getting into the best shape of my life I decided that I wanted to run in this race.

My BFF shaney and I rode the bus into the big city of Spokane and waited among 50,000 other people for the race to start.  As the gun went off we pushed our way through the slow moving crowd until it started to spread out.  And then we were jogging, and sometimes running.  We finished in 1 hour and 51 minutes!  I was totally shocked.  I was hoping to finish in 2 hours and 30 minutes.  

  



Results for Bloomsday 2008

Finish Time: 1:51:51

Overall Place: 20,201 out of 42,697

Ran with a pace of 14:59 per mile

The average pace for 28-year-olds was 14:17

Placed 421st among people the same age

Placed 15th among people from Spirit Lake, ID

Placed 1,985th among people from the State of Idaho

Placed 1st among people with the same last name  (WOOO HOOO!!)

Placed 9,983rd among females

Placed 248th out of 485 among 28-year-old females

Needless to say, I am really really sore...

4 comments: