Thursday, February 17, 2011

4:30 wake up call

My weight loss story is a pretty long one, and it annoys me to think about it, but if anyone knows me you know I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I realize truly that I am not getting any younger and absolutely need some sort of life style that works for me for the rest of my life and I feel like I am getting there.

When I started my job in september I went from running around in a restaurant to sitting almost all day. I kept my same eating habits which are fantastic, but weekends have been my weakness for far too long. Needless to say, I gained some weight. Then the holidays came and I gained some more weight. It's a slippery slope!! I knew something needed to change!

Working from 8-5 and coming home to a family that needs me does not leave very much room for working out. I started doing some amazing videos with a couple of my friends after dinner time for a couple of weeks and I felt great, but I looked at my children who were devastated every time I told them I was going to work out and decided there has to be another way!

This monday I really challenged myself. I already wake up at 5 every morning so that I can have quiet time by myself, so I decided to start waking up at 4:30 to have that work out by myself too! Monday was great, I bounced out of bed at 4:25 before the alarm clock even went off! Tuesday I woke up but I wasn't feeling well, and so far Wednesday and Thursday I've done it!! I am so proud of myself and excited for the evenings completely devoted to my family. I guarantee it makes them feel special, and I can continue on my path to wellness

2 comments: