Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken manicotti


I've never made manicotti before. My mother-in-law always makes a super special and delicious manicotti dinner for Christmas Eve every year, which is so fun, but the dish has never been one that I've ever attempted!

On Sunday I was flipping through an old cookbook I have trying to think of some new meals when I came across the recipe for chicken manicotti. The ingredients were beyond simple, and I actually had a box of manicotti noodles in the pantry that someone had given us! So I made the manicotti, wrapped it up and saved it for my week!

Ingredients:

1 box of manicotti noodles

1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded

1 LARGE chicken breast, cooked and chopped

1 1/2 cups of low fat cottage cheese

garlic, basil oregano (I just mixed in a bunch of different seasonings)

1 jar of spaghetti sauce

3/4 cup of water

Directions:

Mix the cheeses, chicken and seasonings together in a bowl. Make sure your hands are washed and just dig into the bowl and stuff all of your noodles (uncooked) with the mixture. I started stuffing the noodles with a spoon but that just wasn't effective for me! Place the noodles in a 13x9 inch pan. Mix the spaghetti sauce and the water together and pour all over the noodles. Add some more cheese and any of your extra cheese mixture on the top. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes. I prepared this on Sunday and cooked it on Monday. It was a little bit runny at first when I took it out of the oven but set up in no time.


The verdict: Everyone was so excited to have a dish that is so special on a monday night! They loved it. It was a nice change, and because it was so easy I will definitely be making it again!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments: