Friday, February 25, 2011

Coffee cake muffins-my very own recipe!


I've always been super intimidated by making my own cookie/cupcake recipes. I am such a recipe reader, I have to have a recipe in front of me when I am baking!!

This morning I was searching my new favorite recipe sharing site looking for a muffin recipe to make for the kids on this frigid Friday morning. I found one that looked so good but I didn't have self-rising flour and while I know I could've found a substitution (which I did later), I decided to get creative instead! Here is my muffin recipe that came completely out of my head and I am super excited!!!


Ingredients:

1 box yellow cake mix

2 cups oats

2 eggs

6 tbsp vegetable oil

2 tsp vanilla

4 tbsp apple butter

2 cups milk

Streusel Topping:

2/3 cup oats

2/3 cup sugar

1 tbsp cinnamon

1/4 cup butter, cold


Directions:


1. Mix together cake mix and oats

2. Mix together eggs, oil, apple butter, vanilla, and milk

3. add wet mixture to dry mixture, mix until everything is combined

4. Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way full.

5. in a small bowl make a streusel topping with the oats, sugar, cinnamon and butter mix all ingredients with a fork until it looks chunky (is that the right word?)

6. top each muffin with streusel topping

7. bake at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes


Tip Junkie handmade projects


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments: