Monday, February 21, 2011

Daily Meditation

Therefore I, a prisoner serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. (Ephesians 4: 1-3 emphasis mine)

I get so frustrated with so-called Christians who don't live their lives in Love. They give us such a bad name. I feel like sometimes I have to work doubly hard to prove that I am not some sort of crazy because I have faith in God! :) This verse encourages me to live my life full of love for all people (including those who Christians who frustrate me). I love that these verses say to have patience and make allowances for each other's faults! This is not an easy path, but it is beyond rewarding. I can think of a couple of people in my life that I might get easily annoyed with....I pray that I can have more patience with them and learn to love them more.

My walk with God has not been an easy one. I have struggled just like any other human, maybe more. I have been up and down and felt like my life is literally a roller coaster. Because I have been a Christian my entire life I have also felt like I haven't been able to share my faults or my failings with others because I didn't want to let anyone down. This makes it even harder! I am a real person, with real fears, real doubts and real struggles. The more I pretend to be just fine, the more I fall because I don't seek help when I need it! All of my experiences have made me who I am and I guarantee they have made me into a person full of love for all people. I have no time to spend judging others, my heart can't take it. God is Love, and he calls me to Love absolutely everyone that comes into my path! Even if their behaviors bother me or they annoy the heck out of me!!! God loves absolutely everyone, and so should I!

My hope is that I truly do live a life worthy of the calling!! When people meet me they see that I am patient, humble, gentle, understanding and peaceful.


0 comments: