Monday, February 21, 2011

Preparing for the week

Usually my Sundays are spent in the kitchen with the kids. We make cookies, prepare dinner and get the crock pot ready for Mondays meal. Because of the holiday I spent the morning cleaning the house and we had my parents over for dinner. It was such a nice day!


Today has turned into TURBO kitchen day!!! I LOVE days like this! (for me the key to balancing work and family is complete and total preparation)

1. Made Tuna Casserole (Tuesday)
2. Made Chicken Enchiladas (Wednesday)
3. Made Chicken Manicotti (Thursday)
4. Prepared a chicken to roast for a lovely meal tonight!


5. Made Monster Cookies!!!

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon corn syrup
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a very large bowl, beat the eggs.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients in order, mixing well.
  4. Use an ice cream scoop to put on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

So the first batch was BEYOND crumbly!!! oh my goodness, but I couldn't waste! so I put all of the crumbles into a big zip lock bag and pretended I was trying to make a granola/trail mix combo! :)

I proceded to add 3/4 cup of flour to the batch and the rest of the cookies are actual cookies...

I got 3 thumbs up and 3 hugs smiles for these cookies! (one thumb from each family member)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments: