Friday, February 25, 2011

Recommended reading, of the fiction variety



I have a huge confession. I didn't have a library card until about 3 months ago!!!! It's so embarrassing, but when we first moved to our little town I kept on meaning to get one and I just kept putting it off. Our most recent social situation that we've been in (meaning:more broke than EVER) really pushed me to go and get our card for a way to get out of the house without spending money.

I feel like I've been missing out on a great treasure!! I refuse to live in the past though, and have any regrets. This blog is to share my most recent book that I read and loved!

by Lynn Austin

It's the story of 4 women of completely different social situations during WWII. The book tackles areas of racism, faith, class, grieving and the pressures of being a woman in the 40's. I personally love historical fiction and I read the book in a couple of days (which is not easy to do when you are super busy!!!) I definitely recommend it, and because Lynn Austin is a Christian author there is so much depth to the book and I personally felt challenged in my own faith, which I love.

Teaching my children the love of reading is also something I am super excited about, so today, since my car battery is completely dead and I am stranded. My kids and I are bundling up and heading to the library to get more books for me and them!

0 comments: