Sunday, February 20, 2011

Slow-cooking sunday

I'm pretty much obsessed with my crock pot. When I started my new job in September after the first week I sat down and planned a month worth of meals, about 75% of them from the crock pot. Every night when I come home dinner is ready, we have a nice family time sharing our days with each other, we get the kitchen cleaned up and then I prepare the meal for the next day! It's amazing, and so easy! I will be sharing at least one of my crock pot meals with you every Sunday, but I am sure I will be sneaking another in during the week as well!

Today I made Neighborhood Bean Soup. It smells fantastic!!!

Ingredients:


4 cans of great northern beans (undrained)

5 cups chicken broth

3 cups water

1 lg ham bone

2-3 tbsp boutillon

1 tsp thyme

2 cloves garlic

1/2 tsp dried marjoram

1/2 tsp pepper

3 celery ribs, chop

2 med. onions, chop

3 med. carrots, chop


Directions: (my favorite part)

put everything in the crock cook on low for 8-10 hours.

Debone ham and cut into chunks, skim fat.


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comments: