Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Weeks Worth of Meals

In the next few months I hope to really elaborate on my meal planning adventure. My hope is to help other mom's become more organized when it comes to planning the monthly menu. This habit that I started in September has beyond saved myself some sanity; there are nights when it has probably saved my marriage, it's given me a new hobby, we eat a much bigger variety of meals, and I wish I would have done this for years! Working outside of the home or in the home menu planning is a life-saver and really not very hard!

This week's menu looks like this:

Monday: Turkey Breast in the Crockpot. (I found a turkey breast in our freezer)
Tuesday: Leftovers (There's quite a few things in my refrigerator at this point)

Wednesday: Tacos (I precooked 5 lbs of hamburger meat a while back, seasoned it for tacos and froze the meat into 5 portion sizes. So tonight I took the meat out of the freezer and it is thawing as we speak)

Thursday: Breakfast (Bacon Eggs and Pancakes)

Friday: Pizza and Family Movie Night!

Saturday: Slow Cooker Enchiladas (recipe to be posted soon)

Sunday: Quesadillas

If you want some more tips on starting your own meal plans here are some other blogs with great ideas:


2 comments: