Friday, February 18, 2011

What you can do for 1.99

I am in love with thrift shopping! Everyday from 2-3 I get a little window all by myself to browse through several fantastic thrift shops! The treasures I've found throughout the years aren't really that great in all actuality, but they are my treasures! Yesterday I was so lucky!! I scored a fantastic teal winter coat that I almost paid full price for at Target 2 months ago. I couldn't believe it when I saw the coat, still with tags on it for $15.00. I had to have it!

My absolute favorite thrift store in the world is the one my church in Post Falls, ID runs. They have these bags of toys all ready to go for around .99 and the kids think those bags are the best things in the world!!! On Wednesday I was lucky to score a couple of those bags with contents that looked like they would please my children. :) When I got home the kids closed their eyes and squirmed with delight as I placed the "Goodie bag" in their little hands. Not only were they delighted but those silly toys entertained them for hours! They played at my feet on the kitchen floor while I prepared dinner, and did the dishes. Then they continued to play with those toys up until the minute it was time to get ready for bed. I even had to resort to setting the timer to let them know play time was officially over. The best part was just watching them each take their little bag and play together the entire evening with no bickering and no whining.


I do have the most fantastic kids.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comments: