Sunday, March 06, 2011

Slow cooking sunday!


Slow-Cooker Chicken Divan

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh broccoli florets

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 onion, chopped

1 (4 oz) jar sliced mushrooms, drained

2 cups cooked, chopped chicken

1 (10 oz) can cream of broccoli soup

1/2 cup light cream

3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese


Directions:

1. Toss broccoli with lemon juice. Place in bottom of 3 quart slow cooker. Top with onions, mushrooms, and chicken.

2. In medium bowl, combine soup with cream and cheese; mix until blended pour into slow cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until thoroughly heated. Stir well, then serve.


I served our chicken divan to the family on a bed of spaghetti noodles, rice would be good too! This recipe comes from a great cookbook I found called, The $7 A Meal Slow Cooker Cookbook. I have several recipes that I am going to be trying from this book this month but so far I have really liked the ones I have tried. My favorite part about slow cooking Sunday is I can seriously enjoy a nice restful day with the family and still serve them a delicious Sunday meal!


What is your favorite meal to cook for Sunday dinner?

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments: