Friday, April 01, 2011

slacker!!

I have seriously been slacking lately, and I apologize! The family has been sick more than usual the last couple of weeks and that has taken it's toll on my quality free time! Here is a little update of what's been going on with me!

1. Last Saturday I attended a ladies luncheon at my church and they did a little seminar on coupon clipping. They gave us some great tips and encouraged us to be good stewards of our money. Well, ever since then I have been trying to wrap my mind around all the great ideas to save money for our family! Once I get a hang of it I will definitely share what I've learned!

2. My meal plan last week consisted of chicken noodle soup, leftovers, chicken helper and other easy items since we were all under the weather. I didn't stick to the plan at all.

3. I am in the middle of a 4 day weekend and it is awesome! Yesterday I took the kids to triple play and we stayed for 5 hours of complete fun. Both of the kids made friends and had a blast swimming and sliding. Definitely the highlight of the week.

4. Jim got a job for the summer doing water testing through the University of Idaho!! This is so exciting for our family since it will give him amazing experience for after he graduates! He is so excited, and we are so proud!

5. New Bikes!! Target was having an awesome sale this week on bikes so we got the kids new bikes for Spring! Elliott desperately needed one because his was run over last year, and Hayden was outgrowing hers at a record rate! I officially have 2 children who can ride bikes without training wheels! *tear*

6. I've been doing an awesome kettlebell work out video that I got at Target and it kicks my butt! I love that feeling!

7. Today is full of Spring cleaning!! Jim went to a training for his new job and I made him take my vehicle so that I would be stuck here to clean and clean!

8. I need some spring inspired recipes! my cookbooks are full of heavy wintery items, and we are ready for some light grilling ideas for my menu planning!

9. In one week I start my training towards becoming an IBI pro. This has been a goal of mine since September and once I am certified it will mean a significant pay increase! I cannot wait!!!

10. Yard Sales! I cannot wait! I can feel them getting closer and closer!!

2 comments: