Thursday, June 19, 2014

DIY: Body Scrub




One of the downfalls of living in a small town is not being able to run to Target, or someplace else for a gift when you need one quick!  I am the kind of person who loves giving gifts, it's definitely one of my love languages, and to me, something homemade is even better.  I recently tried some simply DIY body scrub recipes, and I was super excited with how they turned out.  The first one I made was a combo of orange and peppermint which smelled awesome.  This made a great gift for teachers at the end of the school year!  I love that I can just pull out some simple ingredients from my cabinets and make a little gift whenever I am in a bind.  





I also love how versatile peppermint is!!  I put it on my aching shoulder, use it in my favorite weight loss trio, put it on my head when I have a headache, diffuse it for a boost of energy, it aids in digestion, so many awesome thing!




So, I also had a baby shower to go to recently and I love that I could just throw together some coconut oil, sugar, and lime to make this sweet little gift.  I threw in a gift card, and wrapped it up pretty and I felt like it was perfect!

The recipes:

Orange/Peppermint Sugar Scrub


1  cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup coconut oil melted,  5 drops of Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil and 10 drops of Young Living Orange Essential Oil.  The sugar , the coconut oil moisturizes and lemon and peppermint provide a mood boost.   (personally I added more essential oil, just start with these drops and add until you love the smell)
This recipe filled three of my 4 oz. quilted mason jars

Coconut/Lime Sugar Scrub
I used the same recipe as above, but I just used Young Living Lime Essential Oils instead.  Basically, you can really have fun and play with your oils to make your favorite combinations!

Enjoy!!!

0 comments: