Friday, June 13, 2014

Heroes in my home!



I recently started brushing my teeth with these little heros!  Coconut oil is a major staple in our home.  I use it in all of my baking, cooking, and homemade concoctions.  The kids go into the kitchen when their lips are chapped are open up the coconut oil!  That always makes me laugh and smile  :)  I'm so glad they have adapted to their silly mommy and her crazy ideas.  

So, I've been trying to transition into using more natural toothpaste, and when a friend told me she was using coconut oil and she had heard there were some good oils for brushing teeth I had to investigate further!  

Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing and anti-microbial abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.* It can be used for a variety of applications from cleaning to gum - tooth care. 

I put a tiny dab, probably 1/4 tsp of coconut oil on my toothbrush and added one drop of thieves, and I cannot even tell you how great my mouth feels!!  Better than any toothpaste I've ever tried.  And how awesome to be brushing your teeth and building your immune system.  I'm sold.  I cannot wait until my dentist appointment in August.  I think they're going to be pretty impressed!


I also purchased the thieves mouthwash, which is pretty strong, so I dilute it 50/50 (a mom's gotta save money!).  I love that it's alcohol free, and no preservatives, but even better, you can gargle it when you feel a cold coming on!  So cool!




* This statement has not been evaluated  by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose,  treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

0 comments: