Monday, July 14, 2014

Salsa Ranch Pasta Salad



Salsa Ranch Summer Salad




In our house summer time meals pretty much consist of BBQ and salads.  I love to make a couple of salads at the beginning of the week to have in the fridge so that after a long day at the beach I can have my sweet husband bbq some chicken or burgers and the salads are already prepared.  


(A day at the beach, or lounging poolside with my bestie!  I'd rather do this than cook in a hot kitchen!)

I’ve recently decided I need to start creating my own salads.  I’ve always done the standards:  potato, macaroni, pasta, etc.  kind of sick of them to be honest!  So here’s the salad that I whipped together on Sunday and served along with grilled chicken thighs and corn on the cob!  Pretty delicious if I do say so myself! (and easy!!!)

Ingredients:

1 lb dry spaghetti noodles (prepare as suggested on the package)

1 cup Ranch dip (I make mine with a ranch packet and a container of sour cream, this really makes a huge difference)

½ cup salsa (for this I really really love buying a salsa seasoning package in the produce section and either making it with fresh tomatoes and cilantro or the Rotel lime and cilantro)

3 drops Young Living lime EO (these oils give it the most DELICIOUS and fresh flavor!!!)

4 green onions, chopped

2 tbsp real bacon bits (option, but so good!)

1 cucumber chopped

(really at this point you can just get creative.  I wanted to add black olives but I was out, I also could have added some shredded cheese)

Mix all these ingredients together and chill until ready to serve!  I garnished ours with a LOT of cilantro! 

 

Enjoy and Happy Summer!!!

0 comments: